Hisense AS-09TR2S 1.0 HP Split Type Air Conditioner Review
High heat index, high temperature, uncomfortable sleeping nights.
2019 has been one of the hottest in recent years. And I don’t know about you, but personally it has gone so absurd that frequent nights, I have had a hard time falling asleep and I wake up too early feeling super sticky and sweaty. To combat this, I recently purchased a Hisense AS-09TR2S 1.0 HP Split Type Air Conditioner due to the extreme temperature Manila has been having.
After a week of use here are things that I want to share about my purchase. I don’t know if this qualifies as a review though.
- Hisense is offering Free Installation but it is only up until June 30, 2019.
- Only 10ft of materials are free. After the 10th foot, it costs Php350/ft.
- If you can afford it, go for Cash option. Instead of Php23,395, I paid only Php21,200.
- Be patient with Hisense’s customer service. They are not streamlined yet. I got multiple calls from Hisense with different numbers they seem to be unaware what the other department is doing.
- I initially got confused with the remote but this site helped me a lot. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/978282/Hisense-Essense.html?page=13
- Prior to an Aircon I used an industrial fan Hanabishi HVSF-18. I can safely say that, not only was it not enough, it could get very noisy. If I get to a point where I want to sleep but can’t its noise is very noticeable. Hisense is substantially quieter.
- Previously, I usually sleep past 12mn. Now, I haven’t slept past midnight. I usually fall asleep at around 11:30pm. When I wake up previously, I wake up sweaty, sticky and fat. Now I only wake up fat. LOL.
- My dog ENJOYS it! Irish (My Pomeranian) usually sleeps on my Aunt’s room because she has aircon. Now it is very easy to lure her away from my Aunt as my room is just as cool.
- Clean your room! The first night I used it was a nightmare. There is an ongoing construction at our house and the dust that came to my room was too much it felt like it is too suffocating.
- If you can shell out an extra for a Xiaomi Air Purifier 2s, I say go for it. I purchased one after installation and the two has been the greatest one-two punch for a Tito like me.
- It works. At the end of the day, it comes down to this. It works. It cools my room and it has made my sleep substantially better and more comfortable. It may cost me more on the bill approximately Php1800 (estimated via Meralco move app), but personally I’d gladly pay the extra than wake up tired, cranky, sweaty and sticky.